Wednesday 2 November 2011

BLLLLEUUURRRGHHHHLLL...

...as I said to someone on Twitter. No, seriously. That was about the height of my wit at 7:30 this morning, and I'm afraid I've not moved on much since.

Yesterday was the first day of Nano, and it brought with it just over 2,000 words of Big Secret Project Book Two (YAY!). It also brought with it a strange bug which has given me a fuzzy head, achy joints, an extremely sore throat, and this creeping red rash on my face and neck (BOOO!).

And I need to try and hit my Nano target again today. Folding after just one day would be too pathetic for words. But since I'm still feeling like the grey slimy thing that one of my cats left on the doormat, those are about the only good words I'm going to be capable of, I think.

See you on Friday - when hopefully I'll look and feel and WRITE less like a grey slimy thing and more like, you know, a person.

*Waves feebly*

*Totters away to wWriting Cave*

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Feel better soon!!

Zoë Marriott said...

Thank you Amanda. *Cough, cough, pathetic cough*

AmieSalmon said...

Oh no, this is what NaNo does to people? Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

Zoë Marriott said...

Amie: Thanks - but don't try to hug me! I don't want you catching it too!

AmieSalmon said...

Oh no! It's ok though, because this is a virtual hug. Today, technology will protect me.

Rebecca Lindsay said...

I think you deserve a duvet day with a cup of hot chocolate (marshmallows included)and no annoying tecnology lol
Get well soon :)

Zoë Marriott said...

Rebecca: You have no idea how tempted I am. But I shall not let the Nano Virus defeat me. Death before dishonour!

Rebecca Lindsay said...

Haha, you show that Nano Virus!!
Just don't do what I do and mock the computer when you've defeated it. From experience, it get its own back and work very well the next day lol

Rebecca Lindsay said...

*wont* work well the next day.

E said...

I recommend jelly beans to make you feet better because they kind of look like medicine but taste like happiness.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't even started my NaNo project yet because I'm still slogging through the final edits of my other manuscript. Bad, writer, bad!

Zoë Marriott said...

Elissa: I think you can cut yourself a break there - re-writing is just as important as drafting. Good luck with it!

Rachel Balcombe said...

Feel better soon! And congratulations on your wordcount so far!

Zoë Marriott said...

Thanks, Rachel. Let's hope I can keep it up for the next 29 days...

Isabel said...

I have a bit of a cold as well. :( Feel better soon!

Zoë Marriott said...

Isabel: Argh, the Nanovirus got you too! Poor Isabel. Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...